Sunday, October 5, 2008

baby shower thief!

It seems a lot of people in our lives are pregnant right now. My wonderful Medical Assistant, Angela, is going to be having a baby in about a month. We had a baby shower for her at work the other day. It was great fun. It's always fun to do something out of the ordinary during the work day, don't you think?

Well, another co-worker and I decorated our conference room the night before the shower.... we went all-out with balloons, streamers, confetti, table decorations, and a super-cute "it's a girl" banner that hung from the ceiling! It was all set to go and all I had to do was pick up the cake the next day. That morning, one of my co-workers came by my desk and said "Do you want me to put a table cloth on the table, or do you need help putting up more decorations?" I said no, that I thought it was probably fine with what we had already done.... little did I know...


When I finally went into the conference room with the cake, the only decorations that were up were some of the balloons and a few of the streamers. I asked where the rest of the decorations were... and no one knew. We decided someone had taken them down and everyone was appalled!!! The nerve!! It was actully quite funny :) Our first suspects were the drug reps who had been there earlier that morning, but then someone got on the phone with our cleaning man, and he had taken them down the night before. (I felt kinda bad for him cause i think he got in trouble.... and he was just trying to do his job.)


Nonetheless, the shower turned out great!



Dr. McMillin, Angela, and me!

No comments: