Sunday, October 18, 2009

thoughts on moving

**warning: another sentimental, but honest, post**

moving
... not a huge fan. Don't get me wrong, we have experienced many blessings here in Denver and are getting to know some wonderful people... but I just wish people never had to move. I like to get to know people really well... it's really hard to just up and leave friendships and jobs that you've invested so much in. There's a void... and it doesn't get filled in again very quickly. I miss Texas. I miss 96% of days being warm and toasty. I miss our friends!!! I miss our church. I miss my sister. I miss my old job. I miss Gloria's. I miss our little apartment at the Sycamore Tree. I miss Eatzi's salads. I miss Versailles Park. I miss my commute (!?). I miss working in Family Medicine. I miss good country radio stations. I miss working across the street from Chick-fil-A (although I'm sure my LDL does not...). I miss walks in Highland Park. and I miss having a husband in med school and not in residency.

this verse has meant a lot to me and Matt lately:

"Lord, You have assigned me my portion and my cup, You have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places. Surely I have a delightful inheritance." Psalm 16: 5-6

We're thankful for a new church and new friends, 2 jobs during rough economic times, a fun-loving pup to keep me company when the hubs is working, new things to play in like snow and mountains, a little white house that's perfect for us, my parents living 1.5 hours away, and chipotle... because it's the best tex-mex we've found up here....


3 comments:

Allison Horner said...

Hang in there chica!

sarah said...

i miss you too! and so does luke. we thought of you today as we practiced our dancing videos. maybe you can come visit soon...

Sarah said...

Oh, Christine. I can completely understand how you feel and am right there with you.