Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Dear Fall, please stay a little longer?

When we moved to Colorado, I was excited about being able to experience Autumn like never before... it's been so fun to see the leaves change, watch them fall, and feel them crunch beneath my feet on my early morning walks with Jake. The air is crisp, families are out raking and decorating for Halloween. it's lovely.

But I was unaware that this type of Fall comes with frequent snow showers. Yes, I'm counting and we're now on number five. FIVE snows before Halloween! In Denver! We're not even in the mountains!!! quite the phenomenon... It's currently coming down pretty hard and it's supposed to continue for like the next 3 days ... something called a "winter storm warning"... So, I'll update you on our progress, we'll see if we get the "8 to 14 inches of accumulation" that is expected. And you can look forward to knowing the exact number of times it snows in Denver this year... in June when it decides to stop. :)



No comments: