Friday, July 10, 2009

a summer hike

One of the perks to living in Colorado is that we can go hiking... a lot! (it works out since it's not 104 degrees here and we're about 1 to 1.5 hours from beautiful mountains!) Yesterday Matt had a day off and we had planned on hiking a fourteener, Mt. Beirstadt, but the road was closed so we defaulted to the beautiful hike where we got engaged 2 years ago.

It was not my best hike ever. I think I had some weird altitude issues because I had a horrible headache and was lightheaded and really tired the whole time. :( Tried to distract myself by taking pics of the gorgeous scenery.... it was still fun, though, and Jake and I took a long break at the top while Matt did some exploring.




taking time out for a refreshing swim :)


this is the meadow where we got engaged! The small tree on the left has actually grown quite a bit in two years. :)

1 comment:

The Whinery Family said...

my wife is SO wonderful:)