Thursday, July 30, 2009

I have a job!

That's right! Tengo un trabajo. After 4 long months of searching, waiting, praying, and getting my hopes up over and over (and repeat x 10), I have finally accepted a PA position at The Children's Hospital here in Denver, in the Department of Infectious Disease. It will be very different from my previous job, but I'm excited about the challenge and all the new things I'll learn. I'll get to work with world-renown experts in pediatric I.D. and they are some of the nicest people I've met since moving here.

Some perks to the new job:

1. I get to work in the (brand spanking new) Children's Hospital, which is right next door to the University Hospital where Matt works! He'll also be working at Children's for a few months here and there (doing ear tubes, tonsils, cleft lips and palates, etc, etc). I'm looking forward to being able to have lunch together at times and at least stopping by to see him when he's on-call.
2. I got to buy this today. And now I get to read it. Ugh.
3. Although I don't start working until August 17th, I get to go to a conference next week with the Department here:
That would be the Vail Plaza Hotel. Life's tough, eh? Actually, I'll just be attending the conference there and staying with Matt's parents at their condo. It'll be fun to hang out with them. :)
So, all in all, I'm thankful for the new opportunity and getting more excited about it day by day. One can only be a housewife for so long, right?... (actually, I'm pretty sure I could handle it for quite a while longer...) :)




4 comments:

stephanie said...

We're so excited for you! And can't believe you and Kathleen will get to work together next year!! We're thrilled for you!!!!

Haley Neahr said...

Congrats!! That is very exciting :)

Ashley said...

Yea! Congratulations..sounds awesome! House wifery can get redundant after a while.

Allison Horner said...

Congrats!!!!