Saturday, July 19, 2008

ONE MORE WEEK!

Only one more week without my hubby!!! Yay! I was beginning to despair last weekend, but being busy with work has made this week fly by and I get to go fetch my man THIS coming friday. :)

He has enjoyed his rotation in Denver for the most part. (Right, Matt? maybe you should blog about it, *hint, hint*) He has enjoyed seeing a different program and interacting with the residents and faculty. And he still likes ENT! He even got to see a cleft palate repair yesterday! This week he also gave a great presentation on "Congenital Foregut Duplication Cysts" ... ask him about it if your interested. :) AND he got the weekend off and went to see his parents in Vail!

My sister is back in the Dallas area now, and came to stay with me for a couple weeks! Yay! I love having her around. She makes me laugh a lot. I kind-of have this tradition of going for Saturday & Sunday morning walks in Highland Park, which is accross the street from where we live. This morning Sarah joined me on my adventure. We stopped at Whole Foods to get coffee and a little breakfast-ish snack before our walk. I grabbed a nutritious energy bar called "dark chocolate mocha" and Sarah picked up this wierd dried fruit thing called "Organic Smooshed Fruit" - yes, that was really the name of it. She proceeded to ask the cashier-man: "Are these good?" And his reply was: "I dunno, they always get stuck in my teeth." Sarah responded with, "Oh ... well, I like fruit-roll-ups". Then the man said, "Yeah, it's probably pretty similar to that.... the kids like 'em." hmmm....Maybe it doesn't sound funny now, but I thought it was hilarious. The highlight of my day so far. :) And kind-of ironic that we go to "Whole Foods" and get chocolate-disguised-as-health-food and fruit, which is legitimately healthy... but "smooshed".

No comments: