Thursday, July 14, 2011

trail ridge road ride


I almost forgot to write about one of the highlights of our camping trip!  My Dad and I rode to the top of Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park! The ride was 44 miles and a mile up in elevation gain. It was absolutely amazing to be able to see such incredible views from a bike.  :)  I think it was one of the coolest things I've ever done.  And so fun to get to do with my dad!   Matt was planning to ride it with us, but his chain broke about 30 minutes into our ride. such a bummer.  He went back, got the car, went for a run along our route, and then met us at the top {and bought me a coke}.


this was taken at the official top :)


the scenery was stunning! I just wish I had more than just my iphone with me for taking photos...


we saw tons of elk chillin' on the side of the road.




and another photo that I forgot to put in the previous post :)


No comments: