Saturday, July 23, 2011

the pioneer lady

I'm at work on a Saturday.  It's a new thing my clinic is trying out.  But I've only seen two patients.  I should be organizing my office but I'm not.  I've been perusing the web all morning. 

I also received a text from my friend, Bobbie, (Hi Bobbie!) who reminded me that it was on her blog that I first learned about the Pioneer Woman.  And the Pioneer Woman's "pork butt" which I blogged about in the previous post.

I used to think the Pioneer Woman was some kind of corny, country version of martha stewart ...  but I'm smarter now.  and I'm officially obsessed.  Her recipes are amazing.  Her photography blog is super informative. (even though I never win her photography contests.) And I think she's one of the funniest people on the planet.  I just finished reading her book:


Hilarious. every time I opened it up I was laughing out loud. You should read it. 

She recently had a photo contest for the best phone photos.  The winner got a $350 gift card to the apple store.  I thought this photo should have won. 
it didn't even make the top 100.  obviously, the competition was fierce.  ;)

okay, better go take care of people now.

No comments: