Sunday, September 14, 2008

to galveston...

I'm so glad it seems that the hurricane wasn't quite as bad as it could have been, and everyone I know in the Houston/Galveston area seems to be safe. What a blessing! I think I've had a little different perspective on this hurricane than I've had on other natural disasters, just because I lived in Galveston for a couple years. I feel sorry for the people in Galveston and South Houston who have lost even a little, because so many people down there just don't have much at all. In a way it would make sense for them to try to stay behind and guard their few possessions, especially if they don't have a greater hope apart from this life....

"Now if the earthly tent that we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. "

Here are some of my favorite places in Galveston. Trust me, there weren't many. If you know me very well, you know that I wasn't a huge fan of the town. Nonetheless, I have wonderful memories thanks of great friends that I wouldn't have if I didn't live there!


MOD - the coffee shop where I would frequently study





This was my neightborhood grocery store - it took me over a year until I finally had enough courage to go inside.....



our landlords' yard art



our apartment in galveston!




good friends


me and meghan :) I miss her.



















No comments: