Friday, September 5, 2008

slow days...


This week at work has been very very s . l . o . w . .... probably because school just started back up, so none of the little kiddos are sick yet; and it's not flu season yet; and people aren't outside doing summery things, stirring up their allergies and breaking their ankles, etc.... Those are my theories anyway.


This afternoon it is my turn to do "Walk-In Clinic", which means I don't have any scheduled patients in the afternoon, I just see whoever walks in the door between 2 and 4:30 needing to be seen. I am assigned to this job once a week. In the winter, the walk-in provider averages about 20-25 patients per afternoon, and I think the record is 57!! (which required a lot of help from other doctors for obvious reasons). In the summer, we average about 10-15 each afternoon, which is nice .... but not today! I haven't had one patient yet this afternoon! (Thus the blogging.) So, I'm enjoying a nice peaceful afternoon. So far today I have read all my favorite "friend" blogs, all my favorite "political" blogs, and I tried to do some online shopping for certain people I know who have b-days this month. :) And they're paying me - yikes! My job is not often slow, but when it's slow, it's really slow. nada enchilada. There's nothing to catch up on, because I have to be caught up by the end of every day no matter what. I could open my books and try to learn something, but...... hmmm, no excuse.


1 comment:

Jen Lewis said...

Wow... thats crazy! The lack of work sounds nice especially with the pay but I bet it would start to get old after a while. I think I would eventually get bored... just might take a few weeks. :)