Thursday, June 12, 2008

the first post!


Welcome to our first blog - I'm so excited! I hope it serves as a way to keep in touch with people, and keep me from developing any new t.v. addictions. :)

We've been married for about TEN weeks now! Exciting, huh? The wedding and honeymoon were even better than we could have imagined. and marriage is great! I think we're kinda getting the hang of it. ... I've been doing a lot more cooking than I've ever done before (thanks to lots of shared recipes from friends), and matt's probably been doing a lot more housework than he's used to... :) When we got back from the honeymoon I felt like we'd never get everything unpacked, but we've been nicely settled for a while now and it feels nice and homey in our place. We even got our new comforter this week!!

In other news, my brother, Kevin, just got married about a week and a half ago! He married Kelly Tan, an awesome girl that he met at A&M. We're so glad to have her in the family. Their wedding was in The Woodlands on May 31st and it was beautiful! It was really fun to see friends and family so soon after our wedding!


kevin and kelly


proud parents!


sisters

As far as our everyday life goes...We've settled into somewhat of a routine... Matt studies in the evenings and I work on charts from work... or slowly work on other projects I have going on. Matt's on his Ob/Gyn rotation right now, so he's been getting up super-early in the mornings. Ooooh, interesting fact: Did you know that 1 out of every 200 babies born in the US is born at Parkland Hospital?!? Isn't that crazy? Good thing they have such experienced people like matt there to help out when needed! (He's actually learned some spanish this month: "Empuje, Empuje!!")

Matt is definitely ready for 3rd year to be over. He officially has a little over 2 weeks left and then he gets to start 2 months of ENT, which is the field he wants to go into. He'll get to learn and do a lot more on these rotations... hopefully not as much busywork as this year.

My job is going well too. I'm getting into the groove and don't feel nearly as overwhelmed as I did in the beginning. This means my schedule is getting busier, though, so I often have paperwork to finish up at home. Hopefully I'll get even faster with more experience. Even though it's tough at times, my job is very rewarding and I'm thankful for that. :) I love my patients and my co-workers.
Here is a picture of my boss, Dr. McMillin - she's GREAT, and one of our nurses, Starr.








2 comments:

coowen said...

When I first got married, there were plenty of inedible dishes that just ended up in the trash. My secret weapon: The Pioneer Woman. If you haven't checked out her cooking site, you have to! She even puts pictures up step by step so even I don't mess up! :) The bacon jalepeno things from Kelly's shower came from that site, so have fun cooking: http://thepioneerwoman.com

sarah said...

you have a blog! so fun! i like your first post - great photos, great description, great debut into the blogging world :)